has anyone tried the Impossible Burger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone tried the Impossible Burger

Has anyone had the impossible burger yet? Does it actually taste like meat? I wouldn't mind cutting out some of the meat I eat but I loooove beef and I just really, really don't like vegetarin-style burgers...they're just so beany lol.

I haven't! But I really want to try it! I think I heard that its at Burger King now, so maybe that's where I'll try it. I think there is another kind to..I can't remember what it's called but I don't think it's supposed to be as good as the impossible burger.

Comment

It is supposed to be good. Just remember that you need to think of it as fast food. Too many people make the mistake of thinking that when something is a meat-alternative that this somehow makes it healthy. Eat this in moderation as you would any junk food.
      Reach your weight loss goal fast at the Weight Loss Center

Comment

I have. I just had it for the first time at Burger King and it's seriously good. I even like it better than the original whopper LOL. I agree with treehuggertodd though. It should defnitely be considered junk food as you would consider any fast food junk food. It's also not healthy for you either. I think a huge part of it is soy. What's awesome about it is that they've done a great job simulating the flavor, texture and look of beef. Since it's not actually beef, its better for the environment :)

Comment

Originally posted by antoniojones1968 View Post
          I have. I just had it for the first time at Burger King and it's seriously good. I even like it better than the original whopper LOL. I agree with treehuggertodd though. It should defnitely be considered junk food as you would consider any fast food junk food. It's also not healthy for you either. I think a huge part of it is soy. What's awesome about it is that they've done a great job simulating the flavor, texture and look of beef. Since it's not actually beef, its better for the environment :)
          That's so exciting! I really want to try one. I heard that they're even working on making a gluten-free option. I think it's great that people are looking into alternatives that make sense. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind the occasional bean or tofu burger, but sometimes when you really want that meat flavor and texture, there just isn't a vegetarian option that compares.
          Reach your weight loss goal fast at the Weight Loss Center

Comment

I've tried beyond meat. It's definitely not bad...but it still doesn't compare to eating meat for me. The flavor and texture just isn't there. Definitely better than tofu and bean-based veggie burgers but still isn't going to satisfy me if I want to sink my teeth into a juicy burger. That said, I have heard that the Impossible Burger is better.

Comment

Originally posted by antoniojones1968 View Post
              I agree! It's the best meat-alternative I've ever had. It's not perfect, but it's definitely the best fast food burger out there that's like meat but isn't. :) Definitely give it a try if you get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyra View Post

I agree! It's the best meat-alternative I've ever had. It's not perfect, but it's definitely the best fast food burger out there that's like meat but isn't. :) Definitely give it a try if you get the chance.
                Cool! Thanks for sharing I'm really excited about giving it a try :D :D :D

Comment

Originally posted by bonniekins View Post

Cool! Thanks for sharing I'm really excited about giving it a try :D :D :D
                  I heard that its become so popular in Burger King that they are expanding the Impossible Burger to its locations across the US. I think that's great news :D Hopefully these meat substitutes will help to reduce the amount of cow farming for beef that goes on.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
                  X