I have lots of brussels sprouts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have lots of brussels sprouts...

I have recently been given a lot of brussels sprouts and I don't know what to do with them all. Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan. Is there any way to enjoy them that isn't just steaming them?

You can roast them in the oven, you can fry them up, both ways make them a tasty food that can be combined with other side dishes. You can also add the chopped up and cooked (or even raw) brussels sprouts to salads, pastas, rice, quinoa, couscous, lentils, and pretty much anything else. It is very versatile an when paired with the right flavors can really add to the over all deliciousness of food. In fact, that's probably one of the best things about brussels sprouts. Since the flavor is strong, it pairs well with other strong flavors, providing a great balance and an explosion of ymminess. It doesn't get lost on the tastebuds, like other foods can.

Comment

I add them to salads and eat them raw. They taste great with salads that contain dried fruits and nuts. :D

Comment

Originally posted by madscientist View Post
        I add them to salads and eat them raw. They taste great with salads that contain dried fruits and nuts. :D
        Raw brussels sprouts?? I don't know if I could do that, but I do agree that when you fry them up or bake them in the oven they taste pretty darn good when you pair them with the right main dish :D

Comment

Toss them into a frying pan with a touch of olive oil (just enough so they won't stick). Cook them until they start to caramelize (brown) on all sides. The brown part is the part that tastes so good because it doesn't taste like brussel sprouts. THen, at the last second, toss in some orange slices and give them a quick fry. Only quickly because the sugar in the fruit will burn if you leave it too long. Get them good and warmed through and let the juice get into the sprouts a bit. Serve and enjoy!

Comment

I guess I'm replying a bit late, but you can always quarter them or chop them up and include them in something else that you like more, like a stew or a casserole that will have a sauce to give them a different flavor

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
            X