Is Low protein healthier for us?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Low protein healthier for us?

I always read about how it's good to get more protein and less carbs, and maybe that's true for weight loss, but when I read about studies comparing protein levels in Asian countries or even among vegans compared to vegetarians or omnivore diets, I see that people tend to live longer and healthier lives when they aren't eating extreme amounts of protein. Any opinions?

I don't think it's low or high protein that is best. I think it's a balance. Trying to go to an extreme in either direction just doesn't make sense to me.
    Reach your weight loss goal fast at the Weight Loss Center

Comment

No. Other than with sugar, I don't think we need to focus on a low anything diet. It's more about getting the right amount. You only need to focus on cutting back if you've been overdoing it in that category. A good nutrition tracker can help with that.

Comment

Agree! Balance is essential.

Comment

I think we've probably been going overkill on our expectations for protein, with so many diets saying that it's satisfying and keeps us from getting hungry and important for muscles and all that. But I think most of us are pretty much set for protein without having to make a single change, so boosting it won't be helpful IMO.

Comment

I think as long as you're reasonable about all three macros and you don't go overboard tracking them, you'll be good. Not too many carbs, not just fat, and not too much protein. balance them off. Choose healthy foods. that's a better focus.

Comment

I'm really sick of low-this and low-that. None of htem seem to work long term. I really think it's about balance. We need to stop overthinking it and know exactly what we should be doing, which is to eat more healthy stuff and less packaged stuff. It's not easy, but if we want to focus on something, it's not low-protien or high-protein. It's low-package.

Comment

Too much of anything, including protein, can throw things off, but cutting back too much isn?t the answer either. Without enough protein, your body can become weak and age faster, as protein is essential for muscle maintenance and overall health. Instead of focusing on just one nutrient, I try to incorporate a variety of healthy, whole foods into my diet. Lately, I?ve been adding barley grass powder to smoothies and meals as a way to boost nutrients without relying too heavily on any one food group.
                Last edited by BenlaDanny; 08-15-24, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
                X