Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is one form of Yoga better than another?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is one form of Yoga better than another?

I've noticed that there are different types of Yoga. Does one provide more benefit than another? Is there one I should first if I'm a beginner?

I don't think so. There are different types. I think they all are designed to provide a similar benefit. Try out a couple to see which one you like best. What is most important is that you start slow and gradually build up to the different moves.

Comment

I think they're all pretty good. Most of them improve your flexibility, strength and balance so you should get those benefits regardless of what you choose. It's really all a matter of what intensity or experience you want, I guess. There are hundreds of yoga styles though. Maybe a good idea is to take a yoga quiz online to find the one that would best interest you. There's got to be lots of those.

Comment

Take this quiz legendarytroy

Quiz: What Kind of Yoga Is Right for You? | The Chopra Center

It might help you find out which type of yoga is best for you. Even if it doesn't, it's a good jumping off point :)

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
          Take this quiz legendarytroy

Quiz: What Kind of Yoga Is Right for You? | The Chopra Center

It might help you find out which type of yoga is best for you. Even if it doesn't, it's a good jumping off point :)
          Cool! Thanks for that quiz Maggie :)

Comment

Originally posted by legendarytroy View Post
            Cool! Thanks for that quiz Maggie :)
            That was a fun quiz!

That said, the only yoga I wouldn't recommend legendarytroy is hot yoga...seriously, I tired that once and didn't think I was going to make it hahah. Unless you like to be really hot and sweaty...just, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth View Post
              That was a fun quiz!

That said, the only yoga I wouldn't recommend legendarytroy is hot yoga...seriously, I tired that once and didn't think I was going to make it hahah. Unless you like to be really hot and sweaty...just, no.
              Yeah...I wouldn't do hot yoga either. That seems a little to extreme for me. Plus, I can't stand being overheated haha.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
              X