What's the best mat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best mat?

What is the best mat for doing yoga or pilates. I was thinking about starting yoga and when I started looking up what I needed online, I discovered that there are all different types of mats! Which one would be the most ideal for a beginner. I'm not looking for the highest-end design but I also don't want garbage. Suggestions?
    Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

There are different mats?? I thought they just came in different colors...

Comment

Oh yeah there are all different kinds of mats. I would recommend getting a classic yoga/Pilates mat if you're a beginner. This kind of mat will provide you with the basics of everything you need. It should be lightweight, cushy and durable and can easily roll up for storage or travel. Make sure you check the length of the mat though. Most of them are 68 inches long, which is the standard, but if you're someone who's tall, you may want to go for a 72 inch one instead.

Comment

I was also shocked when I found out that there were different mats for pilates and yoga! But, yeah, choose one that is long enough and is not too thick. It's important that it's portable and can be easily folded to store and take with you wherever you go to exercise.

Comment

I think the best mat is one that is long enough for your body (your feet shouldn't hang off the edge) and one that isn't super think or super thick. It has enough padding that you'd be comfortable lying down on a hard floor but not so thick that rolling it up is challenging.

Comment

Hey, thanks for all your help! I went to my sports store and settle on a blue, medium-thick 72 inch mat. It works like a charm and I can take it with me wherever I go :)
            Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
            X