Hot Yoga

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Yoga

Has anyone tried hot yoga? I've heard that yoga is performed in a hot and humid environment. I can't imagine that this is very comfortable, but I'm curious as to why it is done. There must be some benefit to it. Doe anyone know or recommend it?
    Reach your weight loss goal fast at the Weight Loss Center

I did Hot Yoga once. It was my first and last time. It was WAY too hot for me. I don't mind sweating but that experience was a little much. A friend of mine absolutely loves it, but if you're someone who doesn't like a lot of heat, it's definitely not for you.

Comment

It is performed in a very hot environment, one that is 105 degrees F with a 40% humidity. It's usually 90 minutes long and focuses on 26 postures. The poses and the heat are supposed to help tire your muscles and raise your heart rate. It is very intense and because it is high on the heat, it is not recommended for anyone who has heat sensitivities, like someone who is prone to heat stroke, for instance. It's also known as Bikram yoga. It's good to try if you are sensitive to heat, want to challenge yourself and try something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelly View Post
        It is performed in a very hot environment, one that is 105 degrees F with a 40% humidity. It's usually 90 minutes long and focuses on 26 postures. The poses and the heat are supposed to help tire your muscles and raise your heart rate. It is very intense and because it is high on the heat, it is not recommended for anyone who has heat sensitivities, like someone who is prone to heat stroke, for instance. It's also known as Bikram yoga. It's good to try if you are sensitive to heat, want to challenge yourself and try something different.
        Wow that sounds a little too intense for me. I'm also wondering if that's even good for anyone. Personally, this hot yoga stuff sounds like a heat stroke waiting to happen. How exactly is it good for you other than raising your heart rate and helping you sweat a lot. Is this actually good for your body?

Comment

This actually sounds kind of cool. I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I can see how doing something like yoga in a hot environment could actually be really good for the mind and body. I need to look into this to see if it's offered where I live.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna sign up and try out a class. I've always been someone who feels that it is worth trying something before you decide whether or not you like it.
            Reach your weight loss goal fast at the Weight Loss Center

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
            X