Is once a week enough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is once a week enough

How frequently do you need to to yoga or Pilates to really get the benefits from them. I know a lot of people recommend going to classes but usually there's only like a class once a week. Is once a week really enough to improve your body's flexibility and strength in any real and healthy way?

Once a week is fine for improving flexibility and even stamina, however, it will take a long time to establish this. Personally, I think that even if you do yoga or pilates once a week, you should probably engage in other exercise as well to help improve flexibility and stamina. You'll get more out of this and your body will be stronger all the faster.

Comment

Cool. I was hoping that would be the case. Truthfully, I don't really likely either of those forms of exercising but I do believe that they are really good for your body for flexibility which is why I do them. I'm happy I'll be able to see an improvement even if I'm not doing it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by madscientist View Post
        Cool. I was hoping that would be the case. Truthfully, I don't really likely either of those forms of exercising but I do believe that they are really good for your body for flexibility which is why I do them. I'm happy I'll be able to see an improvement even if I'm not doing it all the time.
        Yeah, you should see an improvement. But, like I said, make sure you're doing other exercises, too. Just doing yoga or pilates once a week will only mildly improve your flexibility and strength. Make sure you're moving around at other times, too, and maybe doing other resistance training to build strength.

Comment

I don't think it's enough to really notice a difference, especially if that's the only exercise you're doing. Honestly, I think doing it more than once a week (at least twice) will help you to see more benefits. It's not that doing it once a week is nothing, but if you are doing it to get results...maybe add more.

Comment

It's enough depending on what you want from the exercise. If it's just to increase flexibility it's enough. if you want to increase stamina and build muscle, it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Paplo View Post
              It's enough depending on what you want from the exercise. If it's just to increase flexibility it's enough. if you want to increase stamina and build muscle, it's not.
              I have noticed a difference in flexibility when I do it once a week, but you're right, if I want anything more than that, I'll need to do it more.

Comment

Weight Loss Products

Collapse

Working...
              X